*This is a sponsored post. I was sent these items for free to review!
Hi everyone! I hope that you guys are having a great school year so far. To be honest, I’m so excited that its almost October. I absolutely love the fall season, and even though I live in Texas, I’m still ready to break out the over-sized sweaters and cardigans. However, it’s still 90+ degrees here, so I have to stick with my tube tops for now and high-waisted shorts for now.
Today, I’m doing a quick review for you guys based off of these items I was sent to review. Now, I know that my blog has absolutely nothing with skincare on it. I think I did one post a year ago about my favorite items, and it included a couple skincare items, but that’s about it. Even though I don’t talk about it very much, it still is a part of my life. I love doing face masks and trying out different moisturizers and facial cleansers. Especially because I live in Texas and walk to class, I always make sure to thoroughly wash my face at the end of the day. All that sweat is NOT a good feeling, believe me. Because I have combination skin (oily and dry), the Neutrogena Oil-free Pink Grapefuit Acne Wash is a really good fit for me!
I was sent the facial cleanser as well as the foaming scrub to test out, but the plot twist here is that I’ve actually bought these products with my own money before and used them! My boyfriend currently used the foaming scrub, and it works really well for him (he has oily skin). For me, I personally like the facial cleanser just because it feels lighter on my face, but the foaming scrub is great too, and I sometimes use that when I’m in the shower after a long day walking around campus. Let me give you guys some pros and cons about these items!
- It’s oil-free, so that’s great for those of us with ALL skin types because you don’t want your pores clogged with excess oil.
- Speaking of clogged pores, these products are non-comedogenic (they don’t clog pores).
- The grapefruit extract within the products is naturally derived, and it contains vitamin C which is GREAT for skin! Why do you think I’m always glowing in my pictures?
- The foaming scrub doesn’t contain plastic beads.
- My skin actually feels clean after using both products. They work really well to remove oil and dirt without making the skin dry and irritated. I can 100% vouch for that!
- These items are extremely affordable, which is great for those of us on a college budget (me). They can be found at a lot of common stores such as Walmart, Kroger, Target, etc.
- Its pink which means SUPER aesthetically pleasing!
- This product is NOT cruelty free. Definitely keep that in mind.
- I’m not a huge fan of the grapefruit smell. It isn’t strong, but I really dislike grapefruit in general, so that’s the only thing that turns me off.
- There isn’t a package to buy both of these items together. You most likely have to buy them separately at your store, so pick wisely!
As you can see, I definitely have more pros than cons for sure. I think that if you’re willing, you should definitely give these products a try. I know that I’m a sucker for trying out new skincare, maybe it’s a millennial thing? The Neutrogena Oil-free Pink Grapefruit Acne Wash does work well for me overall. As a college girl, I like my face being clean and squeaky because it makes me feel comfortable in my class setting and whenever I talk to people. This acne wash definitely does that!
Thank you guys so much for reading this post! I PROMISE that I will have a post soon about my back-to-school capsule wardrobe.
Until next time,