*This blog post is sponsored. I was given this hair for free to review
Hey guys! It’s been a good chunk of time hasn’t it? I hope that all of you have been enjoying your summer, relaxing, and getting loads of sleep because I KNOW I’ve been sleeping in. I’m not even embarrassed about it!
I know I said I was going to blog more over the summer, but I’ve honestly been exhausted almost every day! I still have my retail job, and I was promoted to a higher position, so I’m working more hours. Also, I’m taking a very difficult math class in only 8 weeks (I don’t know WHY I did that to myself). The second half of summer I will definitely be more available, so I’m looking forward to that in a couple of weeks.
For today’s blog post, I’m going to give you TWO things in one post. You guys know how I feel about comfort and how I love to sleep, so I usually try to get a hairstyle that allows me to sleep in and spend less time getting ready. Even though I don’t have school during the summer, I still work, so anything that’ll make getting ready easy for me is already great. I usually buy crochet twists from my local beauty supply stores, but guys, they were ALL OUT. I literally went crazy because I couldn’t find the type of hair I use at all. I went to a couple different stores and still didn’t have any luck. I thought that I was completely out of options, but a company that I’d worked with in the past popped in my head:
If you guys haven’t read my blog post about their selection and their website, you can check it out here! They basically sell everything that your local beauty supply has such as crochet hair, braid hair, wigs, and hair care items. I reached out to them and they sent me six packs of these beautiful crochet jumbo box braids along with braid spray and hair accessories.
After wearing this hair for a good two weeks, here are a few things I have to say about the product:
– Six packs of hair is more than enough for a good, full look. I still had a pack leftover!
– The hair is extremely inexpensive (less than $10) and is already pre-looped which makes for easy installation.
– It takes about an hour to two hours to install, which in my opinion, is 10x better than sitting through 8 hours of getting my hair braided at the salon.
– They’re a perfect hairstyle for beginners!
– The hair has a great luster and can be washed.
– The hair can be a bit heavy after initial installation. It took me a couple of days to get used to the feeling.
– After a week, the hair does start to get little balls and naps of hair. This will get caught on ear piercings if you have them. Personally, this doesn’t bother me because they’re easy to snip off.
– The hair is extremely easy to manage and take care of. Wrapping at night is optional (I don’t all the time), and it’s perfect for vacations, traveling, and swimming!
– Their items ship extremely fast! The hair shipped the next business day, and I received it a week from my order date.
Overall, I plan to purchase this hair from Divatress again. I’m going to keep it in for a couple more weeks until taking them out to let my natural hair breathe. It’s PERFECT for someone that wants a protective style that is versatile, inexpensive, and a timesaver.
Now, here are some of my favorite ways to style these beautiful braids:
1. Half Up/Half Down
This is my go-to style with these braids! I think it frames my face really well, and it allows me to wear really cute summer accessories such as this striped ponytail holder from Charlotte Russe.
There are moments where I sleep in so late that I don’t even have the opportunity to do a quick half up/half down hairstyle, so a hat is definitely my alternative. I also like wearing hats with sporty looks or basic looks and popping in a color of lipstick to tie the outfit together. It’s really difficult for me to wear hats with my natural hair, so braids allow me to use my hat collection!
3. Low Messy Bun
Whenever it’s extremely hot outside or I want to show off some earrings, I do this look. Also, if I just want my hair out of my face for work. Because the braids are so thick, I have to use a headband to create the bun, but it takes less than 5 minutes to do and would be great for a professional look as well!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post! You already know I’m a huge fan of crochet hair in general, but I’m happy that I was able to find a new type of hair through Divatress.
If you’re interested in this hair, you can find it here!
Stay tuned for next week where I post a simple patriotic outfit of the day!
Thank you guys for reading! Until next time,